Saturday, October 3, 2009

Davydenko Cruises Into Malaysia Open Semi-final

Nikolay Davydenko and other top three seeds have entered into the semi-finals of Malaysia Open with their respective wins over their compatriots.
The top seed hammered the Frenchman in straight sets 6-3, 6-3 as Monfils dropped his serve four times.
Davydenko will now clash with French Open finalist Robin Soderling for the final.
The other semi-finalists are Fernando Verdasco and Fernando Gonzalez.
The number two seed Verdasco defeated Richard Gasquet, 7-5, 6-4.
Third seed Soderling also cruised into last four crushing Czech sixth seed Tomas Berdych 6-2, 6-2. This was Soderling’s third successive victory in the tournament.
The fourth seed Fernando Gonzalez also stormed into the semis with his 6-3, 6-4 win over Russian Mikhail Youzhny.
"It was a good match for me," said Gonzalez. "I served really well and was moving a lot better than yesterday. I had many break chances in the second (set) and didn't convert, but overall I am happy with the match."
Earlier Monfils had won his second career title in France last week. He said: "I wasn't able to dictate," admitting that Davydenko had been too good for him.”
"I played better today than in my first round. I hope I can get better in every match," said Nikolay Davydenko.

No comments:

Post a Comment